As a Senior Bioinformatician at Clear Labs, you will be a key member of the team with the opportunity to develop and enhance Clear Labs’ bioinformatics pipeline, which analyzes large data sets of food samples from next generation sequencing technologies to determine authenticity and detect anomalies such as contamination, pathogen, additives, etc.
You will be responsible for developing algorithms, methods, and programs for analysis of genomics data. You will also take a lead role in productizing bio-pipelines, collaborating with other bioinformaticians and software engineers to build robust, performant and scalable services.
You will have access to food quality data and domain experts within the company to grow and develop both personally and professionally. This is an excellent bioinformatics opportunity to work in a cutting edge genomics group and with multiple opportunities to publish.
- Develop and maintain NGS algorithms, analytical mechanisms, and modules of bioinformatics pipelines, while improving speed, accuracy, and automation
- Evaluate third-party tools and libraries that may be relevant to utilize in the pipeline development
- Operate and support science team on running pipelines
- Help determine and implement tools to monitor, track and optimize pipeline runs
- Support software, science and product teams with relevant work
- Master or PhD in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Statistics, Biology or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a Bioinformatician role, analyzing data, developing algorithms and/or building bio-pipelines
- Experience working with next-generation sequencing (NGS) technologies
- Proven development experience with one object-oriented language, such as Python
- Proficiency with Scripting (Bash/Perl), SQL and UNIX environments
- Familiar with cloud computing and working in cloud environment
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal with engineers and product marketers
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced and high performing environment
- Competitive salary and incentive stock options
- Free Lunch 4 days/week
- Weekly Dessert Event
- 401k Plan
TO APPLY: Visit https://clear-labs.workable.com/j/96A899AB70