We currently have opening for a Senior Advisor in Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, available immediately in Gaithersburg, Maryland (USA). The successful candidate will join a team of researchers actively heading a diverse team of bioinformatics scientist helping to develop and expand capability for a variety of government and industrial clients.
Principal Accountabilities and Success Factors
Successful candidates will have a passion for research & development. Candidates will be expected to guide team members to technically sound solutions for real-world problems and support large operational programs. Candidates will lead efforts to capture business, understanding of current science trends and innovations while anticipating current clients’ needs and identifying new ones.
Examples of activities may include:
- Manage a group of bioinformatics scientists working on a diverse portfolio of ‘omics-related projects
- Serve as a principle investigator on group projects,
- Maintain client relations and develop avenues to capture new clients and work as well as expand or extend work from current clients
- Identify areas of intellectual property (IP) development that have potential commercial value or may be useful for contract research development
- Communicate ideas and innovations to clients, assisting with their evaluations of options
- Advise computational biology team develop solutions to client problems
- Prominent role in business development and capture process
- Proposal development and writing
- Development, testing and evaluation of bioinformatics analysis systems
- Occasional travel both in the US and/or internationally expected
A PhD in Biology, Computer Science, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, or related fields with minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience in bioinformatics; microbial genomics, computational biology, ‘omics-related analytical algorithm development.
Firm understanding of current and emerging sequencing technologies and sequence data types, as well as methods and formats for sequence-based analysis.
Operational experience/familiarity with statistical analysis and integration of multi-omics data.
Data Science expertise with Python/R/Java/C++ and/or other computational languages.
Applicant MUST be a U.S. Citizen, and submit to a USG Department of Defense Security
MRIGlobal, an independent research and development organization, delivers solutions in global health, national security and defense, and energy and the environment. The organization perform scientific research, advanced engineering, and program integration and management for clients in industry, government, and academia. Established in 1944 as Midwest Research Institute, MRIGlobal is based in Kansas City, Mo., and operates in nine states and Washington, D.C. MRIGlobal employs more than 500 and manages 2,600-plus workers through management and operations programs with various clients.