Arterys is working on applying artificial intelligence to create algorithms that will impact the lives of millions of people. We are looking for passionate and talented deep learning experts to advance the field of medicine.
Much of radiology consists of performing tedious tasks that would greatly benefit from automation, such as segmenting anatomical regions, detecting lesions, and predicting treatment outcomes. Arterys’ goal is to use the latest machine learning technology to help clinicians work on these tasks more efficiently and more accurately so that patients receive the most relevant possible diagnosis.
Over the course of a 3–6 month internship on the Machine Learning team at Arterys, you will be responsible for developing novel deep learning-based approaches to automate many aspects of medicine, including radiology, disease diagnosis, and preventative medicine. You’ll spend time prototyping novel algorithms, translating them into production-level code, and integrating them into our state-of-the-art cloud-based software. You’ll develop elegant and efficient solutions to messy, real-world problems and the work you do will have significant impact on improving the efficiency and accuracy of radiological image interpretation and diagnosis.
Continued professional growth is important to us at Arterys. All interns are formally mentored by a more experienced team member. We often meet as a team to discuss problem approaches and we hold a regular journal club to discuss recent deep learning publications. We regularly publish our research in peer-reviewed journals. Expect to learn new things on a daily basis and become part of a growing community of medical machine learning practitioners.
- Development of state-of-the-art medical machine learning models
- Cross-functional collaboration to create amazing products that our users love
- Strong background in machine learning and deep learning, particularly convolutional neural networks
- Strong Python experience
- M.S. or Ph.D. candidacy in computer science or a related engineering discipline
- Fluency with modern deep learning packages, particularly TensorFlow and Keras
- Experience working on efficient, well tested, easily maintainable code
Nice to Haves
- Experience with medical data, particularly the DICOM standard
- Experience building cloud infrastructure with various providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
One of our goals in developing safe and effective medical technology is to ensure that all individuals across the socioeconomic spectrum have access to the same high quality healthcare. We encourage women and underrepresented minorities to apply to this position to ensure that the experiences and views within our team are representative of our global patient population.
Arterys is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.