Laboratory Automation Specialist
|Transcriptic has developed the first robotic cloud laboratory platform for on-demand life science research by integrating laboratory processes, instruments and IoT technologies into a single user interface. Top ten pharmaceutical companies and emerging biotech companies use the platform to conduct efficient, reproducible and rapid experimentation from anywhere in the world.
At Transcriptic, individuals are empowered to think creatively to solve problems and answer hard questions with well researched data. We work in an collaborative environment where everyone is encouraged to do their best work supported by a team of peers.
|Transcriptic is looking for a Laboratory Automation Coordinator to join our Operations team to manage development, support, and deployment of new and existing automation systems on Transcriptic’s cloud lab platform. In this role, you will work cross-functionally to add new functionality and capability, improve efficiency, utilization and throughput, and establish reproducibility and quality control systems on our platform. This includes evaluating and onboarding new devices, establishing quality control processes, managing device and assay support and debugging, and developing tools to support our cloud lab platform.
- BS or MS degree in (bio)engineering, bioinformatics or other life sciences disciplines
- 3+ years of experience designing, building and integrating complex automation configurations for high-throughput applications with specific experience in drug development and screening, NGS and/or synthetic biology
- Extensive experience with quality systems and performing validation studies
- A skilled understanding of python, unix and/or mysql
- Experience with onboarding and debugging biological applications
- The ability to translate a high-level goal into action with minimal further guidance
- The ability to work in a cross-functional environment with a can do attitude to drive productivity and revenue
- A passion for being detailed
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and autonomous environment
- Experience with lab automation solutions including systems by Tecan, Hamilton, Agilent, Perkin Elmer, and Thermo.
|You might have:
- Project management experience
- Experience in a customer facing role
- A challenging environment that will push you to grow and improve professionally, every day
- Opportunities to learn new technologies and fields, along with contributing to changing the future of science and research
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Flexible and generous vacation whenever you need a day (or three) off
- 100% covered health, dental, and vision insurance for you and subsidized coverage for your family
- A monthly CalTrain pass and cellular tethering
- Free membership to a gym of your choice
- Delivered lunch, catered dinner, and unlimited snacks
Transcriptic is an equal opportunity employer
TO APPLY: Visit https://www.transcriptic.com/hiring/?gh_jid=1111653