In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be the bridge between abstract concepts and the technology products used daily to touch the lives of millions of people around the world.
You are responsible for
- Understanding the current genomics/bioinformatics workflow and identifying shortcomings
- Familiarizing with relevant Philips products and offerings in bioinformatics/clinical informatics
- Developing and optimizing graph-based reference genome construction/utilization methods and genome data compression algorithms
- Review existing methods/techniques
- Propose and implement improvements and novel algorithms
- Conduct extensive validation of proposed algorithms on test data
- Document and contribute to publication of the work
You are a part of
A team of informatics scientists within the Clinical Informatics Solutions and Services (CISS) department at Philips Cambridge Innovation Labs focused on development and validation of solutions to improve the current bioinformatics workflow.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Computer Science / Bioinformatics / Biomedical / Computer Engineering / other related quantitative discipline students at all levels are welcome to apply. M.Sc. or PhD is preferred.
- Must have hands on experience and knowledge of several of the following: (1). Sequence read alignment algorithms; (2). Genome data compression algorithms; (3). Graph-related mathematical modeling; (4). Data structures.
- Proficiency in at least one of Python/Java/C++/C# and be comfortable working in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Able to work within a team environment and should be self-motivated with the ability to plan and execute.
- Able to communicate in English effectively, both written and verbal.
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.