Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
This person will be working in Formulation Development in Tarrytown, NY. Alongside drug discovery, molecular dynamic simulations and computational tools at large have begun to find applications within drug product development. The student will use existing computational tools to develop and setup protocols to study drug stability. The main aim of the project will be to compare in silico estimations of protein stability to real time stability. The student will also develop protocols to study the effects of various excipients on protein structure, stability and intermolecular interactions. The student will have a chance to work collaboratively within the formulation development group and also be a part of cross-functional discussions geared towards implementing computational methods at various stages of drug product development.
This position is ideally looking for a 6 month full-time Co-op student but will also consider a 3 month Intern. Timeframe is flexible.
Start building your skills at Regeneron.
• PhD student highly preferred, will also consider a Masters of Undergrad student
• Must be pursuing a degree in Computational Biology, Biophysics, Bioinformatics, Biochemistry, Chemical Biology, Chemical Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering
• Experience with computational biology and molecular dynamic simulations
• Extensive experience with MD simulation software packages such as discovery studio, MOE is highly preferred. Experience with basic computer programming and coding is preferred (Python, Matlab). Basic biochemistry laboratory skills.
General Intern Program Information:
• Must be enrolled in, or accepted to, an academic program pursuing a PhD, MS or BS
• Summer Program is full-time (~40 hrs/wk) for at least 10 weeks and is paid
• Prefer demonstrated leadership in areas such as campus activities, clubs, sports or the community
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
• You will work with a specific manager on a project(s)
• Enjoy weekly 1 hour Intern Program events: learn about other areas of the company from VPs and other employees, soft skills workshops, networking, volunteering, and more!
• Present to your team on your summer project
Transportation and Housing:
• A free shuttle is offered from the North White Plains or Tarrytown train stations to the Tarrytown campus
• Get to know other incoming Interns on our closed LinkedIn page when you accept an offer
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.