Transcriptic is the programmable robotic cloud laboratory for the life sciences. We design, build, own, and operate automated molecular biology infrastructure to empower scientists to perform experiments remotely. We bring “cloud computing” to experimental biology to enable labless biotech, rapid drug discovery, and frictionless production-scale workflows. We care deeply about science and work to advance scientific access and capability.
At Transcriptic, individuals are empowered to think creatively to solve problems and answer hard questions with well researched data. We work in an collaborative environment where everyone is encouraged to do their best work supported by a team of peers.
Transcriptic is looking for experimentalist-programmers (bioengineers) who are interested in data analysis and problem solving. Bioengineers at Transcriptic serve as the connective tissue that bridges the software, hardware, and biology groups. They are focused on improving how science is done and their day to day can vary with tasks like programming for the frontend and backend, debugging and optimizing science experiments, gathering requirements and managing features, and planning how science is specified and performed over the long term.
An ideal candidate will help us manage, maintain, and upgrade our automation platform using their computational and biological backgrounds. A strong biological and engineering background will enable you to quickly focus on subsystems critical to the success of biological assays and create tests to identify areas for optimization. We’re looking for candidates who care about data analysis and visualization, device reproducibility and reliability, scientific assay optimization, and platform function extension and who have a passion for science, programming, and playing with robots.
- knowledge of the scientific process and an ability to quickly grasp biological assays
- familiarity with programming languages geared toward data analysis and statistics (e.g. Python)
- experience working with and contributing to large code bases using source control systems
- strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- the ability to organize and execute many projects at once
- strong communication and collaboration skills
- an advanced degree in STEM or equivalent and at least 1 year of industry experience (desired but not required)
- to work in a great organization with a collaborative team
- a variety of challenges and problem types
- the opportunity to learn new technologies and fields
- the freedom to choose hard problems and hard science and create your own projects
- the opportunity to work with large robots and small microbes
- a competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% covered health, dental, and vision insurance for you and subsidized coverage for your family
- 401K with matching
- a flexible and generous vacation policy
- free membership to a gym of your choice
- A monthly CalTrain pass and cellular tethering
- delivered lunch, catered dinner, and unlimited snacks
To apply, visit https://www.transcriptic.com/hiring/?gh_jid=1040170