Aquabyte is seeking Deep Learning Engineers to work on product and algorithm development. We build computer vision and machine learning algorithms for aquaculture fish farms, primarily focusing on salmon farms in Norway. We develop software on off-the-shelf cameras for biomass estimation, sea lice counting, and optimal feeding that help fish farmers better manage their day-to-day operations
Our system operates like an autonomous vehicle with underwater cameras. We work on stereoscopic 3D video, object detection and segmentation, classification, re-identification, and other problems in the underwater domain. This role is flexible and is based out of our SF offices and involves occasional travel to Norway.
- Build end-to-end stereoscopic video and object segmentation models and fine-tune to underwater training data.
- Build entire application production pipelines from ingest to visualization.
- Build new products from the ground up.
- Work at the cutting-edge of the latest machine learning and computer vision research.
- Serve as a key advisor to all algorithm-related product decisions.
- Masters or PhD in CS / EE or equivalent from a top research university.
- Expert in deep learning and computer vision, especially stereographic video, object detection + segmentation, classification, and re-identification.
- Intimate experience with deep learning frameworks (Caffe, Keras, Pytorch …)
- Previous startup and product experience.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently on projects.
- PhD in Computer Science with focus on Computer Vision
- Published papers in stereo video or object segmentation / detection, classification, and re-identification.
- Experience working with autonomous systems, especially with underwater video data.
- Previous startup founder.
- Enjoy excellent benefits, including equity in the company, a 401k match program and paid lunch every day
- Evolve in a very fast-paced engineering environment with short development cycles
- Be able to shape a revolutionary product in its early days
- Get ideas, feedback, and suggestions from other best-in-their-field engineers
- Travel between SF and Norway
Aquabyte is a venture-backed startup that uses computer vision and machine learning algorithms to optimize fish farms. We are invested and advised by NEA, Costanoa Ventures, Princeton University, and other great investors.
Working at Aquabyte is much more than the benefits program. You will find here great work environment as well as exciting and stimulating engineering challenges. You will work on state-of-the-art technology that we believe will change food production forever!
Join us in our journey to improve aquaculture with AI and automation, and to help fish farmers grow better and healthier food with constantly decreasing inputs!