ARE YOU ADAPTIVE? We’re driving groundbreaking research in cancer and other immune-mediated diseases that translates into novel clinical diagnostics and innovative therapeutics. We are at the forefront of immune-based discoveries, transforming the future state of health through our disruptive, proprietary immunosequencing technology. With strong financial footing and rapid growth, we are looking for the brightest, most passionate and collaborative innovators to join us.
At Adaptive, you’ll be challenged, you’ll be inspired, and you’ll be proud to be part of an innovative organization making a real impact on improving the quality of life globally. No matter what your role is, you’ll find a diverse, team-driven, fun culture where your contributions truly count.
The Computational Biologist for ImmunoSEQ is a client-facing, highly computational data analysis role. This individual will play a critical role in ensuring that Adaptive’s employees, collaborators, and clients can all continue to make breakthrough advances in hematology, immunology, oncology, and other areas. Using expertise in scientific programming and statistical analysis, the Computational Biologist for ImmunoSEQ will turn high-volume immunosequencing data into scientific insights for Adaptive’s clients and collaborators. This individual will design and coordinate experiments that leverage Adaptive’s unique platform to realize the company’s strategic objectives in hematology, immunology, and oncology. Using strong presentation skills, this individual will both analyze and present results, within and outside the company, in accordance with experimental objectives.
- Perform computational analysis of datasets generated using the ImmunoSEQ platform
- Present the team’s research results to clients and collaborators, both remotely and in person
- Contribute to the preparation of conference abstracts, manuscripts and grant applications
- In collaboration with business development personnel, manage Adaptive’s ongoing relationships with other biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies
- Maintain and establish good working relationships with numerous external scientists and business representatives
- Graduate education (Ph.D. preferred) in oncology, immunology, bioinformatics, genomics, or a related field
- Experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries, including bioinformatics, laboratory research, or business development preferred
- Working knowledge of common data analysis and statistical methods used in genomics and bioinformatics
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative analysis and presentation of high-volume biological datasets
- Familiarity with at least one programming language, and a demonstrated ability to perform high-quality scientific programming
- Proven critical thinking skills and the ability to consider outcomes when designing analyses
- The ability to be self-motivated and work independently, with minimal supervision, while also working in a fast-paced and tightly-integrated team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken, with a confident, cooperative, and service-oriented attitude
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand scientific English at a post-graduate level is strictly required
- Familiarity with clinical and preclinical experimental design and associated statistics (e.g. survival analysis)
- Record of scientific achievement (e.g. Invited talks)
- Strong first-author publication record in top-tier journals
- History of extramural funding
- Patent filings in computational and molecular biology
- Laboratory research experience (e.g. Immunology, Oncology, Pathology, Genetics)
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits package including employer paid medical, dental, vision, vacations and holidays for eligible positions.
Adaptive Biotechnologies Corp. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Adaptive Biotechnologies values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners and will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Adaptive Biotechnologies is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by any employee of Adaptive Biotechnologies who is not a member of the Human Resources team.
TO APPLY: Email email@example.com