Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don’t have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique biomarkers.
We’re on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We’re looking to build a computational biology team who are passionate and focused on developing state of the art techniques to processing and interpreting vast amounts of genomic and molecular data. Computational Biologists will collaborate with product, research and business development teams to develop the most advanced data fusion platform in cancer care.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement and test novel next-generation sequencing analysis pipelines
- Identify, manage and prioritize data sets for research development projects
- Develop best-practices for quality assessment and control
- Wrangle large datasets, including development of innovative methods for storing and processing data
- PhD, MS, or equivalent experience in genetics, bioinformatics, computational biology, or related field.
- Experience with next-generation sequencing data processing and modeling.
- Experience with next generation sequencing laboratories and procedures.
- Self-driven and works well in an interdisciplinary team with minimal direction.
- Significant quantitative training in probability and statistics.
- Proficient with statistical tools such as R, Bioconductor, Python or Julia.
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to a diverse audience of engineers, clinicians, laboratory scientists and business development professionals.