Transcriptic is the robotic cloud laboratory for the life sciences. We design, build, own, and operate automated robotic and molecular biology infrastructure that scientists around the world use over the internet. We bring “cloud computing” to experimental biology to enable labless biotech, rapid drug discovery, and frictionless production-scale workflows.
At Transcriptic, individuals are empowered to think creatively to solve problems and answer hard questions with well research data. We work in an unstructured environment where everyone’s encouraged to do their best work supported by a team of peers. We set our own goals and hierarchy is naturally discovered.
Transcriptic is looking for a bioengineering intern interested in data analysis, problem solving, and the interface between software, hardware, and biology. In this position, you will help with new device onboarding, instrument quality control, process optimization, and creating data analysis tools.
A motivated intern will help us manage, maintain, and debug our production systems with biological intuition. The Transcriptic Platform is a complex system with many moving parts. A strong background in biology will enable you to quickly focus on subsystems critical to specific biological assays and create tests to identify areas for optimization. Your responsibilities will include creating data visualization and analysis packages, maintaining equipment reproducibility and reliability, consulting on customer implementation assays, and extending our internal tooling.
- Experience with working in a biology lab environment and an ability to quickly grasp biological assays
- Familiarity with programming languages (e.g. Python) as well as source control systems
- Knowledge of statistics
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- The ability to organize and execute many projects at once
- a challenging environment that will push you to grow and improve
- opportunities to learn new technologies and fields, along with the freedom to work on hard technology and real science
- a supportive team that will mentor and encourage you through challenging projects
- experience working in a team and creating lasting positive change
- delivered lunch, catered dinner, and unlimited snacks
- the opportunity to work with large robots and small microbes
To apply, visit https://www.transcriptic.com/hiring/?gh_jid=602707.